With over a third of the population leading sedentary lifestyles, and this having dramatically increased over the last two years during lockdowns. Its important to consider why to Move and potentially find the joy and love to Move.
The importance of movement is far more than just aesthetic reasons. Here are just 10 top reasons to Love to Move.
- Improved Mood; Many people have suffered from a lower mood and noticed an increase in anxiety since the lockdowns. Regular movement however will noticeably improve mood and reduces anxiety. A very worthwhile reason to move more and find the joy in moving.
- Improved Focus and Concentration; Good Concentration and focus is a skill that can be improved and developing a movement practice can be a very effective way to do so, as you focus on building new skills and have to apply attention in doing so.
- Improved Coordination; Good coordination is another skill that can be learnt and improved upon and developing on movement patterns such as boxing, skipping and many more can dramatically help with this.
- Self Discovery; As you build on your movement practice you also discover much more about yourself. Where your skills and limitations are and where you can build on and improve.
- Adaptability; As you learn about yourself and grow in your practice you also develop your ability to adapt. Your body grows and adapts, and your mind will too as you find new and more innovative ways to move.
- Functionality; Good movement is important for everyday functionality. Much more than we give it credit for, often until something goes wrong. Without good movement patterns even everyday tasks can become difficult.
- Feel Free and Move Easily; When you build on your movement practice in a holistic way you will begin to notice that everything becomes easier and you move much more freely as your overall strength, fitness and flexibility improve.
- Deeper Connection; This can be to yourself, others and even to nature itself. As you begin to move more you connect more with your innate way of being and then become more in touch with your true self, others and nature.
- Improve fine dexterity; as you focus more on your movement practice you begin to refine in to smaller movements also. This helps with the more fine dexterity movements as well as more complex patterns.
- Energy and Vitality; Developing a vibrance and Vitality for life can have a lasting impact on all areas of life. Improving your overall work and home life as you move more, you will have more natural energy and your possibilities can become endless.
I hope you have found this post useful and it may inspire you or someone you know to move more. For more info or a consultation on how you can improve your overall movement practice, please get in touch.
All the best in Health and Happiness