To plan to adapt is to plan to change and progress.~ M.L Adams
Adapting and changing your training programme is almost as important as the training programme itself. If your training plan stays the same, you will also as you will reach a certain point in your progress and then remain at that point until adaption takes place.
So how, and how often should you change your training plan to ensure you progress?
Here are 5 tips to help you plan for programme adaption and change.
- Aim to change every 6wks -3 months, preferably no longer as at this point your body will be used to your current programme.
- Get proper guidance from a personal trainer or instructor so you can ensure the programme is right for you.
- Make sure you enjoy your programme as well as find it challenging too. It’s important to enjoy yourself as you progress and make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
- Try different ways if you haven’t found what works for you. For some people they prefer classes and for others gym, everyone is different so find what works for you. There is something for everyone.
- Work on all parts of your fitness to see full and faster progression. Cardio, resistance and flexibility training are all equally important and help you progress easier and quicker when done together.
I hope you find these helpful. Please get in touch with any queries you may have regarding training plans and progress.